Worker to Worker, Canada-Cuba Labour Solidarity Network
Invite you to a
Canada-Cuba Solidarity Conference
Saturday, September 2, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Steelworkers Hall - 25 Cecil Street, Toronto.
A New Reality in Cuba?
Topics of discussions:
- Integrating private small businesses in a planned economy.
- Role of the Union regarding State and non-State workers.
- U.S. – Cuba relations under Obama and Trump.
- International solidarity in the new Cuban economic reality, the continuing U.S. blockade and the U.S. occupied territory in Guantanamo.
- Delegate(s) from the Central Workers Union of Cuba (CTC), including Travel & Tourism, Food and Commercial Workers Unions (names to be confirmed).
- Arnold August - Montreal based writer, journalist and lecturer, author of: Cuba and Its Neighbours - Democracy in Motion, and his latest book: Cuba-U.S. Relations - Obama and Beyond.
- Cheryl LaBash – United States Labour activist, retired member of the American Federation of the State County and Municipal Employees Union (AFSCME).
Sponsored by: The Canadian Union of Public Employees – National Union, the Canadian Union of Public Employees - Ontario Division, the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, the Toronto Education Workers, CUPE Local 4400
Endorsed by: The U.S. National Network on Cuba, the Canadian Network on Cuba, the Canadian Labour Congress, the Canada-Cuba Friendship Association (Toronto), LabourStart Canada.
For more information contact:
The Worker to Worker, Canada-Cuba Labour Solidarity Network,
Phone: 416-431-5498, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org